Tuesday, April 28, 2015

On Matter


Today's prompt was "matter, the stuff from which all things are made"... or you could elect to write about anti-matter. It was all one. Now, I have mentioned before that I am not a scientist - nor am I a physicist, theoretical or otherwise. My reaction to the magnitude of created matter, is see it shot full of God's power, and be quite overcome. Poems on matter, therefore, are not the sort of thing that I can knock out at a moment's notice.

This is what I came up with:

All things that are and may yet be
Complex in particle and quark
Are formed forever in the Mind of God
In the reckonless time of eternity.
The atom bears His finger's mark
Ions His electric power
All Matter, charged with Divinity
Is vital with His creative spark - 
All things that are and may yet be,
Forever are in Him.


No comments: