Thursday, November 14, 2013

Middle Earth Challenge, Day 14



Saddest Quote
Last post, I said how funny I thought Tolkien was. This post, I have to admit that I have cried more over his books than almost any other. Tolkien writes about real things - the reality the lies beneath the surface of ordinary life - so his books are warmer, and happier, and more beautiful and tragic than most "true" stories are. There is one line in the book, which Aragorn quotes in the extended Fellowship of the Ring, which always makes me cry, no matter how many times I hear it, and even though I know it is coming:


They will look for his coming from the White Tower,
But he will not return, from mountain or from sea…..



If you are interested in finding out more about the Middle Earth Challenge, click here.

No comments: