Saturday, January 6, 2018

Epiphany

Happy Feast Day, all of you!

In honour of this feast-- the day in which Christ manifested himself to the Gentiles; the day in which wise men from the East, after a journey of faith, adored their hither to unknown God in the form of an Infant; the day, in short, upon which we are all called to trust in God's manifestations in our own lives, to seek Him with love and trust-- in honour of this day, I post for following carol. As is usual for the sort of posts I've been doing, this is an older carol-- sung in Middle English:


I am recommending you go to this website for the lyrics, not because I am too lazy to post them myself, but because it is an interesting post, which is definitely worth looking at.

I also want to draw your attention to the old tradition of the Chalking of the Doors. It is a tradition we've never done in my family, but I've always found quite fascinating, and this is the first year that I have chalked my own doors (even though I am neither a priest nor the father of the house). 

No comments: